Thursday, November 26, 2009

Handphone madness

Two weeks after we got here, I subscribed to a new local mobile number, and two nights later in the middle of the night, I got a call from an unrecognised local number.
I said: "Hello"
The caller (female) said, whispering: "Assalamualaikum. Who are you?"
Erk... sapa yang call sapa ni?
I said : "Who ARE YOU???" Then I hanged up. She called again five minutes later. I did not answer. And called again and again like 5 times after that!! Crazy or what? Minah desperado hungry for some midnight, kinky chat ke?
Since then, my handphone kept getting these weird calls from Arab-sounding people. Even after I said they got the wrong number, they did not budge. They just kept calling, and one even used the F word, after I hanged up on him when I told him that I have no idea where HIS brother was!!
These happened so frequent that I even saved their numbers and gave them not-so-good names so I can easily identify them when my phone rang. Hubby had to intervene and since then, it has been a month since these crazy people called me. Phew!

But out of all that craziness, the called I got tonight topped them all. I recognised the number because just a week ago, this person texted me in a language I thought was somekind of secret code from a friend or sibling. You see, the number was a Malaysian Celcom number.

His text was : Khlil tumi kemon aso.Ami asa kri allahah rohmte valo aso. Ami valo asi. ami arakti sim no dilam. 2ti sim amar ok. no..0060132231844..?...k hlil tumi amar kase pondiben.ETI..NAZIM (..MALAYSIA..).

I have a nephew called Amil and a sister called 2t and a cousin called Eti. For a while there, I seriously thought the text had something to do with them!! Later, I totally forgot about it.
Until I got his (Nazim's??) call tonight.
He gave me salam and I salammed him back. Then he mentioned some name to which I said, you have a wrong number bro.
He: "Is this Saudi Arabia?"
Me: "Yes."
He: "How are you?"
Me : "Huh?? Who are you looking for?."
He : "I call from Malaysia. I am Bangla and I look for you."
Me : "WHAT???" Then the line got all static and a second later, cut off. I figured his Xpax's credit sudah habis. He thinks it's cheap ke nak call Saudi Arabia?? Calling Bangladesh would be a lot cheaper, bro.
So, does anyone know Bangla or is it Bengali and translate the text for me???

1 comment: