Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Rain, ice cream and the Budimans

Woke up this morning to the sight and sounds of raindrops, lightning and thunder. For a second there I thought I was in the warmth of my bed in KL. The children got so excited to see the downpour, a rare sight for us since we moved here. Called my aunty who is performing her hajj in Mekah and she said it's overcast there but no rain yet. Should it rains later, it will be a wet experience for the pilgrims in the plains of Arafat.

(the view from our living room of the wet condition outside. It rained so bad, heard some roads were flooded)


And since hubby not around till next week, this mummy has become so lazy. Nasib baik lah last night (am not that lazy when it comes to making sweet stuff) I baked bread pudding and made HOMEMADE vanilla icecream (my first time ever and it turned out really good). So today's breakfast, you guessed it - bread pudding and icecream! Not exactly a healthy one but filling enough to last them till lunchtime.


(vanilla icecream --- made from milk, sugar, whip cream and coffeemate.)


Today, we are saying goodbye to the Budimans, one of the first few Malays we met when we first arrived here. And living in the same compound, the kids got quite attached to their bubbly, chubby and ever so adorable Dani. We will miss them no doubt. Adi and Yani, in my personal opinion, are one of the warmest and kind people I have come to know and I am so glad to have met them. They said this is not goodbye but see you real soon (their open invitation to those coming to Singapore) and yes, we can't wait to see them again. Maybe next summer eh? I am going to miss you Yani. And Dani too, your slobbers and all.. :)


(imran taking a photo of Dani)



No comments:

Post a Comment