Monday, November 23, 2009

Phew... I have finally created a blog after months of contemplating whether I am up for all this or not. After months of "mind writing" before bedtime.
Now I have a real outlet, not so much to share with the world about my life, but to share with my friends and family back home in Malaysia of what has been happening to me and my family since we moved to Jeddah, KSA in June 2009.
But importantly, it will be a place I can go back to whenever I feel nostalgic and maybe in need of a good laugh in the years to come (you can sense that I am not exactly having the time of my life here... maybe not yet?)
And also for my children, in later years, to understand why their mom did or said what she did and said and hopefully, in restrospect, they can know. love and respect their mom better.
Why the name MY SCRIBBLES? One teacher of mine, back in primary school used to complaint that she could never understand what I wrote. "You don't write well, you scribble and it looks like taugeh". So said Mrs Chong.
Yes, I scribbled so well I should have become a doctor. But I did not. I became a reporter and for more than 10 years I was in a job that allowed me to happily scribble away, taking down notes in my beansprout-lookalike writing, which only yours truly could comprehend.
So yes, I want to continue to scribble (although this one would be more readable).
Here's wishing myself all the luck in blogging and hopefully this will not be one of those things I started but never get to finish. (Blame it on being a Geminian....)

No comments:

Post a Comment