Sunday, May 30, 2010

My kids

Amir woke up this morning and immediately told me of this "dream" (err, no, no, it's a nightmare, he quickly said) last night. Being a long-winded person that boy is - he tells stories from L to W, before going back to A to K, then jumped to almost Z before he realised he missed X and Y! - so you must really have great patience and a lot of time to listen to his stories. And in the morning, when I am busy in the kitchen, rushing to make breakfast, I ain't really the best listener but I gave my best.

His dream or nightmare as he said : (after mummy edited to make it coherent)

Amir mimpi Amir dengan papa and mummy kat Jeddah airport nak balik Malaysia. And then bila sampai Malaysia, Amir nampak Azri kat airport (Azri is his most closest cousin). Ok lagi tu. Tapi Azri tak de kereta, so we walked lah to rumah kita. Masa walking tu, Amir nampak Burj Dubai! (Of all the things! he spends too much time on google earth that boy). After that, we reached home but it was Jeddah, not KL. Tapi bila Amir tengok kat luar, ada pulak KLCC. (at this point, I was like, mana nightmare ni??) And then mummy and papa hilang, and I searched everywhere tapi tak de. Amir takut. Amir cari-cari lagi sampai Amir reached KLCC tapi mummy papa tak de. Lastly, I went home and bila masuk rumah tu, it looked exactly macam rumah kat Jeddah. Suddenly, nampak mummy and papa, keluar from that! - (he pointed to the washer in the kitchen!) It was so scary... "(itu rupanya nightmare dia. Ha.. ha...) Like that Japanese movie where the ghost comes out from the tv set, except we probably came out all twisted or mutilated from all the spinning and rinsing in the washer! I can't help but laughed when he finished his story. For the first time, I did not mind his incoherence in telling his story because this time around, he did leave the climax bit until the end.

An update on Imran :
He turned four a few weeks back and since then he hates it when we say things like "Imran kecik lagi. Tunggu Imran besar ya?" He would loudly say that he is a BIG boy and to stop calling him budak kecik.
Last night I told him, being budak besar, it's time he sleeps in his own bed. (As it is now, he sleeps in our bed and once I am sure he is deep in his slumber, we move him to his bed, which is just next to ours. Occasionally, he will wake up and climb back into ours, much to my annoyance.)
Anyway, back to me telling him that big boys don't sleep with their mummies, he just smiled sheepishly and said : But why? Papa dah besar, why papa sleep with mummy?
:)

An update on Nina :

I never liked helping her out with her homework unless it's really necessary. Last week, when she came home from school and said rather dramatically that she could not believe that her geography teacher gave them only six days to do a news writing on the 2004 flood in Bangladesh and create a newspaper to fit that story in, I could not believe myself when I practically jumped from my seat and said, "hey, I can help you!"
Ha.. ha.. If I had my way, I would have written the entire thing myself but fearing that the teacher might suspect something (ce... I perasan I am a good journalist lah ni!), I asked her to give me her own sentences and I help edit them.And the amount of time I spent editing it felt like I was back at work doing my centrespead for Business Times (coming in to office before 7am etc!). Doing that homework of hers, I was transported back to my life as a reporter and for that few hours, I felt alive. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment