Saturday, April 17, 2010

Home is where the heart is

A month ago, Amir asked me how long are we going to be here. I said 3 years maybe, or even 5 years. He did a mental calculation and said, can it be just three years because he wanted to go back to his old school in 2012, when he will be in Standard 6. If 2013, there is a possibility that he might not see his old school friends ever again especially his best friend, Luqman who is now in Perth but will come home next year. He sounded a bit sad when he said all this that my eyes got welled up a little bit.

Then a couple of weeks ago, Nina told me that she has an essay to write about DILEMMA for her Local Studies Education. So I asked her what her dilemma was and she won't tell me. Then I said, :If it was me, my dilemma would be whether I want to stay here or go home. And she said, "That's what I wrote!" I looked at her face and I know she's missing home.

Even Imran sometimes, out of the blue, would say home-related things/stuff, like the tv in the family hall where he watched his Ultraman dvds, the playground where Bibik took him, the noisy dogs behind our house, mummy's car yang best.

Relocation for kids are only easier if they were younger like below 8. That's my opinion.

As for me who is way above 8, I don't understand why it's so hard for me this time around. Di US dulu, tak missed home this much pun!

It gets harder today when my neighbour told me that the property agents were in my house compound today ... I did not expect to hear this this soon. I was expecting May or June, so at least if there is buyer, it would probably take a few months before the house changed ownerships, so that we still have a place to stay this summer.

Now, how am I to tell Amir?? There will be no more Adam, no more Lokman, no more Faiz, Amrin, Ikram for him to play with. And Nina will miss Aqilah, Afiqah, Allyssa and I will miss being so near KL....

I remember Nina when she was 5 and we sold our first house in USJ. When the house was all empty, I saw her standing in my room as she sadly and slowly said, "Bye,bye House.I will miss you."

But if all goes well, my dearest kids, Nina and Amir, our next home will be nearer to where your placentas were buried ... if God wills.



My favorite part of the house, the living room and the very cooling wood floor (this was taken just a few days before we left for KSA)

No comments:

Post a Comment