Monday, March 22, 2010

Ada Bakat ke?

In Amir's last report card, his Art teacher wrote that Amir has quite a talent for drawing. "A budding artist in the making," he wrote. I don't know about that. But I do know he is very good at copying other's people drawings and he is very detailed. He said he did a Van Gogh painting in school last month and since I never saw it, I have to take his word when he said, it was SOOO NICE.
The picture below is an example of his copy-cat work of art. I have to say they are very good. For a second I thought he'd traced those pictures from a book but he said he didn't and his sister vouched for him.

This talent, I am certain he didn't get it from me because I suck at anything that requires creativity. Back in school, Art is never a favorite subject but always a favourite class period because it was when I did nothing when others were intently drawing. My excuse : I focused better at home. The teacher knew I lied because I always ended up with a C or D anyways! So Amir must have gotten it from his dad? Maybe because when it comes to the art of precision and detailing, HE is the man!

Now my other offspring, who a week ago turned 12, claimed she is a musician whose talent is ready to be unleashed and wanted nothing else but a guitar for her birthday. She got a Sony MP4 from his dad and a "Fendi" look-alike watch from me. Well, we know, they were not guitar. His dad promised she'll get one this coming summer when we are in KL, a remark that almost "killed her" apparently! (Her facebook status right after being told that was : I AM SO HAPPY I COULD DIE.)

But does she really have a talent? If she does, where did she get it from? I am not musically-inclined although I do love listening to music. At her age, I was happy listening to English songs from Barbara Streisand and Roberta Flack, then writing the lyrics down and checking the dictionary to make sure my spellings were right. That was as good as I got. No desire for a guitar ke, a piano ke or an organ. Her dad meanwhile claimed he can strum an electric guitar like a pro. Yeah, I'd believe it when I see it!

I personally believe, Nina's current craving for a guitar is a result of "peer" pressure ...... from Miley Cyrus and Taylor Swift!

As for their mom, who is not creative nor pandai main muzik, she "scored" another D for this following incident:
(Look carefully at the picture and ignore the very careless "painting" I drew over the other kids' eyes.)


Got it? No? Then take a look at this:


LOL! this was taken the week Amir told me that his socks were not matching and I told him that they are not THAT obvious what! I was wrong....

2 comments:

  1. OMG! OMG! OMG! how funny can you be!! OF COURSE IT'S OBVIOUS THE SOCKS DON'T MATCH!

    this is like way back when we were in primary school, when my mum used to potong my fringe, and she'd cut waay too much much to my dismay. her fave words..."tak nampak sgt aiiiiihhh..."

    and yes, Amir is SO talented. very impressive artworks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. actually i made a mental note to change those socks on that day the photo was taken but of courselah i lupa! cos the teacher did send a note reminding parents to make sure our children are neatly dressed. i bet cikgu tu menyesal letak amir kat depan sekali

    ReplyDelete